The topic of reading may come up as interview questions in IELTS Speaking Part 1 such as:
- Do you enjoy reading?
- Do you normally read for work or for leisure?
or a Part 2 topic, for example:
- Describe your favourite book or story when you were a child.
or even a Part 3 discussion question, like:
- Do you think it is important that children read regularly?
So, it is important for IELTS candidates to form some sort of opinion to be able to talk about this at length.
The idea of reading may also appear in the IELTS Listening, more likely in Sections 2 or 4.
Listen to this report on child literacy.
Which THREE of these statements are true?
- Children are struggling to read one chapter.
- Parents are earning minimum wage.
- Many children are starting to read early.
- Children from poor families start learning to read later.
- Children from poor families who read well will earn more.
- Children need to learn to read by themselves.
- Libraries and book shops help children to read.
Share and compare your answers in the Reply box below with other IELTS students.
Until next time!